Friday, May 2, 2014

Reporting from Jamestown Elementary: "What I learned about Self-Portrait Collage!"

Fifth Graders at Jamestown Elementary used canvas boards and various collage materials to create their own self-portait! First, they thought about the proportions of the face and used mirrors to draw themselves. Second, when they colored their drawings, they also practiced with various blending techniques. Third, they chose a theme and color scheme for their collage materials that represented their personality traits and their interests. 







Learning Goals - "I CAN":
*Use analogous colors to create a blended painted background
*Use correct proportions in a self-portrait
*Use blending techniques with color pencils
*Use a variety of materials with a theme and color scheme in mind to express my personality and interests.

We asked some students to REPORT OUT what they learned during this project and this is what they said:

One thing that I learned about during this project is that self-portraits can be a way to express myself - Logan D. 5th grade



One thing that I learned about during this project is how to express myself in my art projects - Emily 5th grade



One thing that I learned about during this project is how to blend colors while painting a canvas. - Rachel 5th grade



One thing that I learned about during this project is how to choose the best colors that blend well together (analogous colors)  - Tyler M. 5th grade



One thing that I learned about during this project was how to draw a good self-portrait - Aiden 5th grade



One thing that I enjoyed about this project was expressing myself - Anthony 5th Grade



No comments:

Post a Comment